Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jerked Me Away

Well, I was working on my book when I was dragged out of the chair with barely enough time to turn off the computer and unceremoniously thrown into the car to go shopping - again. So, for the last couple of weeks no words were added to my story. Had to go shopping for groceries for my relatives who were coming to pay a visit.

They showed up as scheduled and we got down to the serious business of entertaining, you know, SHOPPING!, eating out, laughing and joking or joking and laughing over some senseless thing that happened years ago, and playing poker. About all of our pennies were ripped from our piggy banks never to be seen again, we were such good poker players.

They had no sooner gone that more relatives appeared on our doorstep, and we had another round of practically the same. But don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it all except for the part that kept me from writing. The latter visitors had a vicious dog with them, one of those half-pint vicious miniature chihuahuas that wouldn't let me touch his food without getting a finger gnawed off. It was the only dog I've seen that never barked, he just growled in a low, threatening grr-rr, and his name was Pancho Villa, a far cry from the original.

No poker-playing this time, though. It was only SHOPPING!, eating out, and joking and laughing about old times growing up, etc., and a good time was had by all.

Maybe next week I can get back to writing.

6 comments:

  1. Put some of it into your writing - that way these things aren't a distraction from writing, but research for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to do that, Patsy, but so far haven't found anything useful.

      Delete
  2. Must be summer - we are having quite an array of visitors here also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the visitors, don't care for the shopping, like the eating, but I don't get any writing done.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind the eating out but the shopping is a most horrible business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Charles. I have to go with them, because they don't know where anything is and don't know what they want to see or do. I'm getting back to writing tomorrow, maybe.

      Delete